Gen Kelsang Togden, international meditation teacher, visits Barcelona.
How to Live a Life of Great Good Fortune and Wisdom
For his visit to Barcelona, Gen Togden, is offering very special teachings and showing us how to integrate them into our daily lives.
Gen-la Thubten will guide the post fall festival retreat. We will engage in the practice of Amitayus, Buddha of Long Life. By sincerely relying upon Amitayus and receiving his blessings, we can increase our lifespan, wisdom and positive energy.
REFERENCES · During this retreat-course the teacher will follow the teachings of the book: The New Eight Steps to Happiness by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. Bring it along if you own it , if not it is on sale in the KMC in Barcelona.
‘Je Tsongkhapa said that for those who wish to experience pure happiness, the greatest obstacles to the fulfilment of their wishes are death and ignorance. Death destroys our opportunity to take the essence of our precious human life, and ignorance destroys our opportunity to develop a pure experience of Dharma. To overcome these obstacles, we need to increase our lifespan and our wisdom, and the principal method for doing this is the yoga of Buddha Amitayus.’
– From the Introduction to Yoga of Buddha Amitayus sadhana
- The retreat is open to everybody , it is not necessary to have been at the Fall International Festival before.
- The teachings will be in English with a simultaneous translation to Spanish and French.
Gen Kelsang Togden
Gen Togden is a senior Teacher of Modern Buddhism who has been a disciple of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso for 25 years.
Having taught internationally for many years, Gen Togden brings a wealth of practical and meditative experience to his teachings.
He is renowned for his ability to present the many deep meanings contained within Venerable Geshe-la’s books and to show how to integrate these meanings into daily life.
Gen Togden, is Resident Teacher at KMC Brazil.
This fee includes only teachings and meditations sessions. Meals and accommodation are not included.
Fees* of retreat (include accommodation and meals).
- Camping 125€
- Dormitory (5-8 persons) 160€ / person
- Double room 190€ / person (If you have reserved a double room you must come with a companion)
- Single room 290€
Fees* of retreat (withoout accommodation).
- No accommodation and no meals 65€
- No accommodation and meals 100€
Keep in mind:
- Price per person for the whole course
- The prices with accommodation have everything included (activities, accommodation and meals)
- Previous registration necessary, subscription 20 euros (non refundable)
- We have a pick up service from the train station in Manresa (round trip 5 euros)
- If you are staying in the dormitories or camping don,t forget to bring a sleeping bag and towel
- * All benefits go to the development of the International Temples Project.
Only teachings and meditations
- Introduction 10€
- Retreat’s session 7€
- One teachings day 25€
- Breakfast 2.5€
- Lunch 7€
- Supper 5.5€